Good evening, friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10, numbered 20201, for Windows Insider members who use the Dev channel (formerly “Early access”).
Full build number: 20201.1000. rs_prerelease.200822-1922.
We remind you that the Dev channel releases build that can contain quite unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to Beta channels (Late access) or Release Preview.
Changes and improvements
- Fixed an issue where some games from the Microsoft Store protected by Easy Anti-Cheat might not launch. Some games will still require an update to fully resolve the issue.
- Fixed an issue where the IME mode indicator on the taskbar indicated that IME was enabled when it was disabled.
- Fixed an issue that was present in the previous few builds, causing the display of HDR monitors to look black if HDR is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the Collapse, Expand, and Close buttons remained in the original app after resizing the UWP app window.
- Fixed an issue where SetInputScope didn’t work if it was called after initializing the app.
- We are investigating reports that the system update process may stall for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- We are investigating reports that the new taskbar feature doesn’t work with some pinned websites.
- Engineers are working to fix the problem so that a real-time preview for pinned site tabs will work.
- Engineers are working on enabling a new taskbar feature for already pinned websites. However, you can unpin a site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue where not all open tabs with this domain are displayed for pinned sites. You can fix this problem by pinning the site’s home page instead of a specific section (for example, pin microsoft.com rather than microsoft.com/windows).
- Engineers are working to fix problems with syncing in the Mail app when using certain email services.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue that may cause Office documents to open empty when opened from Explorer. If you encounter a problem in this build or build 20197, you should know that the file should display correctly when opened from the Office application.
- We investigate reports of crashes or missing some Office applications after upgrading to a new build.
- We are investigating reports that a GSOD with the KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION code appears on some devices.
- We investigate reports of failures in the Settings application when opening the disk and volume Management section.
We wish you a successful update!