Good Morning, friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10 under the number 21296 for Windows Insider program participants using the Dev channel (formerly “Early Access”). Check the previous build.
Full Insider build number: Windows 10 Preview Dev 21296.1000 rs_prerelease 210115-1423
We would let you that the Dev channel which can contain quite unpleasant with errors if you are a beginner. If you need more establishment, we recommend switching to the Release Preview channels or Beta (Late access).
Changes and Improvements
- Microsoft is starting to distribute an update to the new clipboard history implementation (WIN +V) to provide support for pinning, unpinning, deleting, and syncing individual records. The company thanks insiders for their feedback. If you have additional suggestions, then send them through the “Feedback Center” in the section “Text input and language” – > ” Clipboard (copy and paste)”.
- The ability to create and manage disk spaces from the Settings app is now available to all insiders on the Dev channel. If you have additional suggestions, then send them through the “Feedback Center” to the section “Files, folders and online storage” – > “Disk spaces”.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. Please update your games to apply the fix.
- Fixed an issue that occurred in the previous build, due to which the Xbox Game Bar could start independently in some games without pressing WIN + G.
- Fixed an issue where after starting the Xbox Game Bar (for example, using the WIN + keyboard shortcut G) the computer may have stopped responding.
- Fixed an issue where the “Program Compatibility Assistant” could create an increased CPU load in previous builds.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to a hang explorer.exe when mounting ISO images.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Security app could display both the check for updates button and the link at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where some users might have problems with rendering or graphics after resizing some application windows.
- Installing this build will restore the ARM64-based x64 application emulation if it stopped working after installing build 21292.1010.
- If you are using x64-based applications on the ARM64 platform, then an updated preview version of the ARM64 C++ Redistributable package (version 14.28.29812) has been released for you, which can be downloaded here https://aka.ms/arm64previewredist. The updated package brings with it vcruntime140_1.dll, and also fixes crashes in several CAD applications.
- Engineers are working on fixing an issue that may cause some games, such as State of Decay 2 or Assassin’s Creed, to crash or crash on launch.
- We are investigating an issue that may cause an Internet connection to be lost on some 32-bit systems after upgrading to this build. If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows, you can pause receiving updates until the issue is resolved.
- This build, users of Miracast may encounter very low frame rates.
- We investigate records that the system update rule may hang for a prolonged time while trying to install a new build.
- Aero Shake is disabled in this build. To enable it, you need to open the “Registry Editor” and create a new DWORD entry named DisallowShaking and set to 0 in the HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced section.
- The real-time preview for pinned site tabs is not yet ready to all insiders, so you can observe a grey window while you hang over the thumbnail in the taskbar. Engineers are working to advance this feature.
- Engineers are working to fix the difficulty so that the real-time preview for pinned tabs on the site works. If required, you can unpin a site from the taskbar of the edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.
- [News and Interests] Updating to this build will reset the News and Interests widget in the taskbar to Show Icon and Text. The problem will be solved in forthcoming updates.
- [News and interests] Sometimes the pop-up window of news and interesting information cannot be closed with the pen.
- [News and Interests] The taskbar item is taking up more space than expected.
- [News and interests] A button on the taskbar may display outdated information every time a user logs in.
- [News & Interests] The popup shows the content in a single column, then quickly switches to a two-column layout.
- [News and Interests] The text on the taskbar button may look pixelated on high-resolution screens.
- [News and Interests] The taskbar context menu and the News and Interests pop-up window overlap.
- [News and Interests] In some cases, the first time you start the News and Interests window, the CPU load increases by up to 100%.
- [News and Interests] The pop-up window closes when you try to share content.
- Insiders that have installed a pre-release version of the Qualcomm Adreno graphics operator on the Surface Pro X may encounter decreased display light. The problem will be solved in forthcoming updates.