Good morning, friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10 under the number 19640 for Windows Insider program participants using the “Early access” channel (Fast Ring).
It’s a new Windows 10 Insider Build 19640.1, more specifically, the 10.0.19640.1 mn_release from 30.05.2020. Also in this Version were re-corrected errors. Because you want to finish with this Version soon and then switch to 20xxx (Iron).
Full build number: 19640.1. mn_release.200530-1731.
Of course, as always, we will try to collect the ISO files for this Version. But you already know the Text. But let’s come to the very small Changelog.
Some insiders may notice that the branch name has changed to MN_RELEASE. As already reported in December, the “Early access” channel releases build from the Active development Branch. In this case, the company practices the ability to change the branch that is considered an active development branch. This is a short-term change, so builds from RS_PRERELEASE will be released again very soon. Since engineers work in different branches within the development cycle, it is possible that in the future it will be necessary to move insiders between these branches. MN_RELEASE builds do not relate to any specific version of Windows 10.
We remind you that the “Early access” channel releases build that may contain rather unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Slow (Late access) or Release Preview channels.
Known problems in Windows 10 19640
- We are dealing with a Problem where some devices booting from eMMC memory performed a bug check when they were restored from hibernation.
- We examine reports about the upgrade process that hung over extended periods when trying to install a new Build.
- We are working on fixing a problem for a future Insider Preview Build where a broken icon is displayed next to the page name in Settings > Privacy in the documents and Downloads sections (just a rectangle).
- We examine reports where preview thumbnails are not consistently displayed in the taskbar (they show an empty area).
Fixed issues in Windows 10 19640
- Based on feedback when your Downloads folder syncs with a Cloud provider, we disable the option that Storage Sense automatically deletes your Downloads folder in a cycle.
- We have updated our registration logic. If your PC is set up to require you to enter your user name when you log in, accidentally starting your user name with space will no longer result in an error.
That was it. Short and painless.
I wish you a successful update!