Full build number: 19624. 1000 rs_prerelease. 200502 – 1339
We remind you that the “Early access” channel releases build that may contain rather unpleasant errors. This is rather a “maintenance update”. New App features or generally new features are not included. Many errors have been corrected.
Known problems in Windows 10 19624
Important: we are investigating a problem where some devices with error code 0xc0000409 cannot be updated to this Build. If you experience this error, you should consider pausing the updates until a future Build.
- We are working on fixing a problem for a future Insider Preview Build where a broken icon is displayed next to the page name in Settings > Privacy in the documents and Downloads sections (just a rectangle).
- We are currently reviewing reports about the upgrade process that gets stuck trying to install a new Build over extended periods.
- We are aware that Narrator and NVDA users seeking the latest Chrome-based version of Microsoft Edge may encounter difficulties navigating and reading certain web content. The Narrator, NVDA, and Edge Teams are aware of these issues. Users of older Microsoft Edge versions are not affected. NVAccess has released NVDA 2019.3, which fixes the known problem with Edge.
- We temporarily turn off the new search box on the settings pages of the Standard Apps as we work to improve performance and reliability.
- We update the VPN connection logic based on feedback so that when you disconnect from a VPN network, the automatic connection Option is now disabled (similar to Wi-Fi).
- Based on feedback, we update the text of the add a device dialog so that the list of examples under Bluetooth also includes controllers.
- We update the optional available Updates section that appears in the Windows Update settings so that you can now copy the text if necessary.
Fixed issues in Windows 10 19624
- We fixed an issue that caused an unexpected flicker on Windows Shell surfaces and applications in the last two Builds.
- We fixed an issue that caused the IIS configuration to be set to the default setting after creating a new build.
- We fixed an issue that caused a temporary access error when switching quickly between WSL distributions using File Explorer Integration.
- We have fixed an issue affecting the reliability of explorer.exe has been compromised for some insiders lately.
- We fixed an issue that caused the settings and volume flyout of the taskbar to crash recently when selecting certain endpoints from the Audio endpoints list.
- We fixed a race condition that could cause VPN to not automatically connect after the Upgrade (if it was set up for this).
- We have fixed an issue where the battery icon on the lock screen is always displayed almost empty, regardless of the actual battery level. If this problem continues, please report it in the Feedback Hub.
- We have fixed a recent issue where if you open your Laptop after it has fallen asleep and it is connected to an external monitor with an external camera, Windows Hello will recognize you but will not hide the lock screen.
- We fixed an issue that could cause your device to be checked for errors after it went out of hibernation.
- We fixed an issue that could cause certain Bluetooth mice to be very slow in reconnecting to their device after it went out of hibernation.
- We fixed a problem that caused you to be unable to navigate with the mouse from the Settings Dialog of the Connect application.
- We fixed an issue that caused the kernel isolation feature of Windows Security to not be enabled on certain devices recently.
- We fixed an issue that caused Windows Update to fail with error code 0x800700b7.
- We fixed a Deadlock that could cause the Windows Update Check for Updates not to be completed and displayed as in progress until settings were closed and reopened.
- We fixed an issue where some of the buttons and Links on the language settings page did not have the correct color when using high contrast.
- We fixed a problem where the text in the Optimize Drives window was truncated under scheduled optimization in several different languages and at certain text scaling levels.
I wish you a successful update