Full build number: Windows 10 Preview 19619.1000. rs_prerelease.200425-1827
We remind you that the “Early access” channel releases builds that may contain rather unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Slow (Late access) or Release Preview channels.
Other insider updates
Easy access to information about COVID-19 in the search box
Now you can quickly get up-to-date and verified information about the coronavirus pandemic directly from the Windows search bar. The corresponding banner appeared on the Search home page this week.
Select “Show interactive map” to quickly navigate to Bing COVID-19 Tracker, which is updated daily based on up-to-date information by region and around the world. As you study the map, you will see news for your region, as well as contact information about local and national health authorities. This is a universal way to monitor the situation at home and abroad.
You can also click on the “Show headlines” button to open the latest news about coronavirus infection in the MSN service.
At this difficult time, it is important to keep up to date. This feature is now available in 33 countries, including Russia. If you want, you can remove the banner about COVID-19 by clicking on the cross.
Manage music from the “Your phone” app»
Microsoft is pleased to introduce another interesting feature that allows you to manage music and audio applications on your smartphone from the “Your phone” app, without switching between devices. Audio tracks will remain synced between your smartphone and PC, which means you can switch between sources using the drop-down list in the player.
View and interact with audio applications that play media content on your smartphone.
Information about the audio file is displayed and synced with what is playing on your smartphone.
Manage your tracks from your PC using the “Play”, “Pause”, “Next track” and “Previous track”buttons.
Switch between multiple sources using the drop-down list in the audio player.
- You must have Windows 10 October 2018 Update or a newer version installed on your computer. We always recommend using the latest version of the operating system.
- A smartphone running Android 7.0 or later.
- Apps that support managing media from the Android notification curtain. In particular, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, YouTube Music, Xiami Music and Google Podcast are supported.
- Setting “Show audio file played from your phone”. It will be enabled by default if the “Your phone” app has been granted permissions to sync notifications.
- For individual audio applications, you will need permission to display notifications on your Android smartphone. You can enable them in Settings > Notifications > select the desired app > enable the “Show notifications” option.
- Some audio applications may use the “Previous track” button, and some may use the “Rewind” button.
Videos from YouTube and Audible are not supported yet.
- This feature is gradually becoming available to users, so you may have it within a few days. You need a version of the app” Your phone ” number 1.2441.85 or higher (Windows 10), as well as “your phone Manager” version 1.2441.82.* or later (Android).
Changes and improvements
If the “Sync” button in the “Settings” -> “Time and language” -> “date and time” section does not work due to a network connection, the error text will indicate exactly this.
- Fixed an issue where some insiders might have encountered GSOD with the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION error on the last few builds. It is believed that this was the main reason for the frequent crashes of the operating system.
- Fixed an issue with text input in the browser that could cause the Japanese IME to switch to private mode unexpectedly, even if the browser was not in InPrivate mode.
- Fixed an issue where many Schannel errors were displayed in the system event log.
- Fixed an issue where unexpected characters were displayed in text fields in intl.cpl -> “Advanced parameters” -> “Currency”.
- Fixed an issue that caused stordiag to crash.exe at startup, if you tried to open it during the Repro Mode trace when generating a review in the “Disks and memory ” section in the”review Center”.
- Microsoft is aware of a problem with Screen announcer and NVDA users using the new chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge, which may cause some difficulties when navigating and reading certain web content. Development teams are working to fix the problem. The problem does not affect users of an outdated version of Microsoft Edge. NVAccess released NVDA 2019.3, which fixes the problem with Edge.
- We are investigating reports that the system update process may stall for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- The “Documents” and “Downloads” sections in the privacy settings do not display the icon correctly (a simple rectangle).
- We are investigating reports that the battery charge indicator on the lock screen always shows a nearly empty battery, regardless of the actual battery level.
- We investigate messages about the default IIS configuration that is applied after a new build is installed. You will need to create a backup copy of the ISS configuration and restore it after successfully installing the new build.
- Quickly switching between WSL distributions via integration with “Explorer” may cause a transition error. Microsoft has identified the problem and will release a fix soon.