Recently, the branch name changed to CO_RELEASE. As in October, when insiders started getting builds from the FE_RELEASE branch, the company is practicing the ability to change the branch that is considered an active development branch. Since engineers work in different branches within the development cycle, it may be necessary to move insiders between these branches. The company treats these builds in the same way as the builds from the RS_PRERELEASE branch.
We remind you that the Dev channel releases build that can contain quite unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Beta or Release Preview channels.
Changes and improvements
- “Task Manager” and MSI installers have received new icons in the style of Fluent Design.
- You can now set Windows Terminal Preview as the default terminal in Windows. For more information, see here. This feature requires Windows Terminal Preview 1.9 (or later).
- Fixed an issue where text from the news and interests widget in the task bar looks dim as you use other zoom options and levels.
- Fixed an issue where some punctuation marks were displayed incorrectly if the Windows interface was displayed in Chinese.
- Fixed a crash in svchost.exe, associated with cdp.dll, which occurred to some insiders in previous builds.
- Fixed an issue that affected the stability of the Start menu in previous builds.
- Fixed an issue where when using a black theme, the text in the search field in “Explorer” was black on a black background.
- Please note that only this issue with the dark “Explorer” theme has been fixed. Engineers continue to investigate a second issue affecting the dark theme when searching for a job bar.
- Fixed an issue where the “Task Manager” displayed an incorrect icon in some processes.
- Fixed a second problem that some devices may be disrupted when upgraded to a previous build with error code 0xc1900101. If you continue to experience this error when you update, then submit a new update to the “Feedback Center”.
- The Camera app currently ignores the default setting of the new page setup in Settings.
- We are investigating an issue that caused Windows Search results on the taskbar to suddenly stop using a dark theme.
- [News and Interests] We are investigating an issue where a pop-up window may blink in the top left corner of the screen after clicking a button on the task bar.
I wish you a successful update!
- Acm Watch Strap Silicone Belt 20mm Compatible with Amazfit Bip U Pro Smartwatch Casual Classic Band Blue
- Dell Alienware m15(R3) 15.6″ (39.62cms) UHD Gaming Laptop (10th Gen Core i9-10980HK/32GB/1TB SSD/Windows 10 Home & MS Office/8GB NVIDIA RTX 2080 Graphics), Lunar Light
- EVERNEST 4K Sports Action Camera with 12MP High Resolution with Wi-Fi | 4K Ultra HD Video Recording with 120 Degree Wide Angle Lens and Waterproof Upto 30 Meters (Black) with Remote
- Fossil Gen 5E Men’s Smartwatch with Stainless steel band, Full Touch, AMOLED screen, Bluetooth calling, and Built-in GPS – FTW4056