Good Morning, friends! Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 pre-build number 21376 for Windows Insider program members using the Dev channel.
Full build number: Windows 10 Insider Preview 21376.1 (co_release) 210503-1432
Recently, the branch name changed to CO_RELEASE. As in October, when insiders started getting builds from the FE_RELEASE branch, the company is practicing the ability to change the branch that is considered an active development branch. Since engineers work in different branches within the development cycle, it may be necessary to move insiders between these branches. The company treats these builds in the same way as the builds from the RS_PRERELEASE branch.
We remind you that the Dev channel releases a build that can contain quite unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Beta or Release Preview channels.
Updated Segoe UI font
Miсrоsоft has introduced the Segоe UI Variаble fоnt, which includes an орtiсаl аxis so that the fоnt оutlines can easily scale for both small and large displays.
Segоe UI Vаriаble is an updated version of the classic Segоe font that is more legible in small sizes and has improved contours.
Historically, fonts designed to print small text were designed differently from fonts designed to display large text. The Segoe person interface became firstly designed for paintings with a 9pt size, which makes it a super choice for this size, however limits expression at large sizes and turns into fuzzy at smaller sizes. Segoe UI Variable solves this problem by using variable font technology, which will dynamically provide excellent readability at very small sizes and expressiveness at large sizes.
Note that although Segoe UI Variable is included in the OS, the font implementation in the system’s user interface is still ongoing. The changes will be implemented gradually. Simply put, not all elements of the system now use the new font.
Changes and improvements
- To continue using Auto HDR, go to Settings – > Display – > Windows HD Color Settings and make sure that Auto HDR is set to “On”.
- Minor changes have been made to improve the default cursor design for dragging items, such as in Outlook.
- Updated the Connect app icon to better match the latest iconography improvements.
- Based on the feedback, there are some minor changes to the way the characters are sorted in the “Characters” section of the emoji panel.
- Updated the Segoe UI Historic font, so it now supports the Unicode Bamum range.
- [News & Interests] Fixed an issue where a pop-up window would open when the mouse accidentally hovered over a button, not just when the mouse was stationary on that button.
- [News & Interests] When the taskbar height was raised from the default height, the taskbar button will no longer stay in a reduced size.
- [News and Interests] Improved stability and performance explorer.exe, especially when connected to a remote desktop.
- Fixed an issue where WSL users found performance degradation when running File Explorer and other file-related activities after upgrading to Build 21354 or later.
- Fixed an issue where Pinyin IME users could not select items from the candidate window using the keyboard.
- Fixed an issue wherein previous builds, text associated with Windows Spotlight suddenly stopped being displayed on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue that in previous builds affected the response speed when switching from “Start” to “Search” (for example, when pressing the Windows key and then entering text).
- Fixed an issue where the “Search with Screenshot” button didn’t work in “Search”.
- Fixed an issue where insiders would see pseudo-text on the Windows Update page in Settings.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect icon for Edge Canary was displayed on the Auto-upload page in Settings.
- Fixed an issue that caused some users to crash the Disk Space Management page in Settings.
- Fixed an issue where the Disk and Volume Management page in Settings still incorrectly identified HDD drives as SSDs.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to a hang explorer.exe after logging in, if the ALT + Tab menu displayed a large number of browser tabs.
- Fixed a rendering issue when viewing elements with acrylic using the “Screen Magnifier”.
- Fixed an issue that affected the stability of the “Night Light” function in previous builds.
- Fixed an issue where the daulbut timeout would reset to 0 after a system update.
- Fixed an issue where some instances of Windows Subsystem for Linux could fail to start, giving an error with the text “Parameter invalid”.
- Microsoft, together with its partners, prepared and distributed a fix for an issue that caused the system update process to hang due to driver compatibility. If you have experienced this problem, make sure that you have the latest driver versions installed.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Update icon would sometimes not appear in the notification area if there was an update waiting for the system to restart.
- Fixed an issue that could cause applications to hang after using ALT + Shift.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some applications to crash if you set the focus on the search field in the Open or Save dialog box.
- Fixed an issue where Windows Terminal could unexpectedly display the error “Could not find the selected font” when starting up.
- When using the latest unified audio endpoint, there was a problem that could cause audio playback to fail.
- Fixed an issue with using a precise touchpad that could cause difficulties with cursor control if your palm was lightly touching the other side of the touchpad.
- Fixed an issue where the precise touchpad could sometimes unexpectedly scroll content in the wrong direction.
- Fixed an issue that caused the black cat emoticon to display incorrectly in DirectWrite controls.
- Fixed an issue where when entering text using IME, when Task Manager or some other applications were in focus, the incomplete text could appear very small on high-resolution screens.
- Fixed an issue where some elements of the Japanese-language IME candidate window could crop after zooming in on the text.
- When you moved to a previous version of Japanese IME, the F10 feature did not work.
- Fixed an issue where the touch keyboard would suddenly display empty keys when using Bopomofo IME with a full keyboard layout.
- The Camera app does not currently take into account the default brightness setting set on the new page in Settings.
- We are investigating a problem that causes Windows Search elements (including the search field in the “Explorer”) to display incorrectly in a dark theme.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue where, after upgrading to this build, some devices may display a warning in the notification area stating that support for the installed version of Windows 10 is complete.
- [News and Interests] We are investigating an issue where a pop-up window may blink in the upper-left corner of the screen after clicking on a button on the taskbar.
- (Newly bought assembled pc) MSI A320 Apro Max, AMD Ryzen 3 2200g with Radeon (doesn’t work while using Nvidia)+ Nvidia 210 graphic display card is taking more time to install the latest update compared to Intel gold and 11 gen. It works properly for 2 to 3 hours of continuous use. After that, it starts lagging a lot.
- Crtl C then Crtl V is giving previously selected record. Control F sometimes gives the selected results not the copied results. These happen very minimalist times.
- Battlegrounds Mobile India vs PUBG Mobile: What’s new, what you’ll miss
- Battlegrounds Mobile India Downloads: You can’t believe what happened as game players rush to play
- WhatsApp app for Android: Top 5 features coming soon to your gadget, from status update, disappearance call mode
- Imou Wi-Fi 1080p Full HD Viewing Area Wireless Security Camera, White