Full build number: Windows 10 Insider Preview 21327.1000 rs_prerelease 210226-1427
We would let you that the Dev channel can contain quite unpleasant errors if you are a beginner. If you need more establishment, we recommend switching to the Release Preview channels or Beta (Late access).
Updating the “News and Interests” widget»
Starting today, the company is rolling out a new “News and Interests” widget design that will make it even more enjoyable to scan and interact with the headlines and stories in your news feed. Images from articles now stand out with a bright and colourful design, which makes your feed more attractive and beautiful.
The new feed interface, which opens in the browser after clicking on the “More News” button, has also been redesigned so that you can immediately learn about the top news and can enjoy a vibrant feed that highlights your personalized stories. Large cards can now display the text of the article, helping you understand its meaning before you open it.
In the “News and Interests” widget, as well as on the main page, it is now easier to express your reaction to the news with the help of updated emoticons. Now you can put a like, heart, angry or surprised emoticon, etc.
Initially, the updated design will be available to insiders in the United States, and will eventually appear in other markets, so stay tuned.
We remind yоu thаt the “News аnd Interests” widget is grаduаlly sрreаding аmоng users, whiсh meаns thаt the feаture is nоt yet аvаilаble tо аll insiders оn the Dev сhаnnel.
Changes and Improvements
- Attentive insiders will probably notice that many of the system icons in this build have been updated and now correspond to the Microsoft Fluent Design style. This build includes the new Segoe Fluent Icons font. OS components that use Segoe MDL2 icons, including the Start menu and the Options app, will now use new icons that have a more rounded and simplified appearance.
- On ARM64 devices, the x64 version of PowerShell is now used by default, rather than the x86 version as it was previously.
- Fixed an issue that affected the stability of the Start menu and other modern applications on previous builds.
- Fixed an issue where a switched key on the touch keyboard had an incorrect background colour when hovering over it with the mouse or pen. For now, this change is only available to some insiders, which will help the company quickly identify issues that may affect performance and stability.
- Fixed an issue where the KANA input mode on the touch keyboard was not saved on the next launch when using the traditional Japanese keyboard layout 106/109.
- Fixed an issue with the new “Paste only text” option in the clipboard history that caused text to be cropped in some languages.
- Fixed an issue with some clipboard content where clicking on the first entry in the clipboard history would insert something different from what was selected.
- Fixed an issue wherein previous builds the emoticon bar and the IME suggestion window would sometimes appear off-screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a GSOD with the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error when installing certain applications.
- Fixed an issue that occurred in previous builds that could cause the login screen and DWM to hang.
- Fixed an issue where app thumbnails on the taskbar on the primary monitor were black if your primary monitor uses HDR and secondary monitors use SDR.
- Fixed an issue where changing the monitor could unexpectedly cause the window to increase or decrease. This is mainly typical for systems with monitors configured for different zoom levels (DPI).
- Fixed an issue that occurred in previous builds that could cause your device to freeze if you rotated it while tablet mode was on.
- Fixed an issue that could cause lag when using the Xbox Game Bar to record gameplay on a monitor with a refresh rate of 144 Hz or higher.
- Fixed an issue that occurred in previous builds that could lead to stuttering while playing with multiple monitors.
- Fixed аn issue thаt led tо errоneоus nоtifiсаtiоns аfter eасh uрdаte thаt indiсаted thаt new аррs were аdded tо the Stаrtuр seсtiоn in the Settings арр.
- Fixed an issue where the update process could hang for 88%.
- Fixed an issue that caused errors when running packaged MSIX desktop applications in recent builds from the Dev channel.
- We are investigating reports that the system update process may hang for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- The real-time preview for pinned site tabs is not yet available to all insiders, so you may see a grey window when you hover over the thumbnail on the taskbar. Engineers are working on improving this feature.
- Engineers are working on enabling a new taskbar feature for already pinned websites. However, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.
- [News and Interests] We are investigating an issue where the News Interests widget may not be available when you log in to Windows without an Internet connection, but reappears when you connect to the network.
- [News and interests] Sometimes the pop-up window of news and interesting information cannot be closed with a pen.
- [ARM64] Insiders who installed a preview version of the Qualcomm Adreno graphics driver on the Surface Pro X may experience reduced display brightness. This issue has been fixed in the updated preview version of the graphics driver, which you can find at the link: https://aka.ms/x64previewdriverprox. If you encounter this problem, then check out the topic in the “Feedback Center” at this link.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue that caused the Chinese lunar calendar text to stop displaying correctly in the “Clock and Calendar” pop-up window on the taskbar.
- Engineers are working on fixing an issue that occurred in the previous build, which caused the information that all available updates are installed on your device to stop being displayed in the Settings – > Update and Security – > Windows Update section.
- We are investigating reports that insiders ‘ devices with the latest builds of Windows 10 hang after connecting the Xbox controller when shutting down, rebooting, or going to sleep mode.
- We are investigating an issue that may cause a black screen or crash on devices with Bitdefender installed after upgrading to Build 21313 or higher. explorer.exe. If you are using Bitdefender, you can suspend receiving updates until a patch build is released.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) users will not be able to use the GPU Compute feature after upgrading to this build. Engineers are working on fixing the problem. It is noted that the problem does not affect users who have made a “clean” installation of the new build.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue that may cause some devices with Realtek network adapters with driver version 22.214.171.124 to periodically lose their Internet connection.
- The About page in the Settings app is not available in this build. If you need to rename the computer, then you can run systempropertiescomputername.exe with WIN + R.
I wish you a successful update!