Full build number: Windows 10 Insider 20231.1000 (rs_prerelease) 201002-1444
This feature is first introduced for a subset of insiders in the Dev Channel to help us quickly identify issues that may affect performance and reliability. Rest assured that they will gradually be rolled out to everyone in the Dev Channel. Note: This function is displayed when you reset your PC and when you perform a newly installed Windows function.
Better management options for standard app File Associations
Enterprise customers can now change file associations user-or device-specific. This Change applies to existing users as well as users with new deployments. This means that IT administrators can specify which Apps automatically open different file types or Links. This makes it easier, for example, to set Microsoft Edge as your organization’s default browser or open PDFs in your organization’s favorite App. Using this group policy for the default browser and general file types means that your organization’s end users do not have to decide on these default settings themselves.
- Generate the XML file for standard application mappings
- Change the XML Code manually by adding two new properties:
- Add Version=”1″ to the default associations of to-day.
Please note: If this feature is not enabled on your device, the policy will revert to the default logic and will not respect the “Version” and “suggested” fields of the policy.
This feature is first introduced for a subset of insiders in the Dev Channel to help us quickly identify issues that may affect performance and reliability. Rest assured that they will gradually be rolled out to everyone in the Dev Channel.
Changes and improvements
- Meet now in Windows 10 the taskbar is now available for all Windows Insiders in the Dev channel.
- We begin by introducing a change to enable the display of graphics card information listed under Settings > System > Info, and some Insiders may see this on their PCs.
- Our change to allow the text cursor to be moved via gestures on the touch keyboard is now being introduced for all Insiders in the Dev channel.
- We fixed the Vethernet Adapter that separates within the Windows Subsystem for Linux. Detailed information.
- We fixed a problem that could cause your ALT + Tab order to change unexpectedly and you could switch to the wrong window.
- We fixed a problem that could cause Action Center and notification buttons to be invisible after switching between high contrast black and high contrast white.
- We fixed an issue where the option “visually display audio alerts” under Settings > access samcieren> Audio for incoming notifications did not work.
- We have fixed a problem where closing the lock screen does not announce the logged-in user name on the login screen if the PC has been locked with the execution of the speech output.
- We fixed an issue when you used voice output and logged in with Windows Hello.
- We fixed an issue that caused audio and microphone interference via Bluetooth for certain devices. As a reminder, if you encounter problems in this area, please take a moment to capture a Repro track as it helps Teams to identify. More tracking information is available.
- We have fixed a problem that affects the reliability of the Task View.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Windows Hello setup camera preview in OOBE to appear in the wrong Position when you turned your device into portrait mode during Installation.
- We fixed an issue that caused settings to hang for some insiders at startup.
- We have fixed a problem that led to system settings broker.exe for some insiders crashed.
- We fixed an issue where the MDM policy of HideRecentJumplists did not take effect.
- Fixed an issue that could create duplicate cloud provider records to perform in the File Explorer navigation panel.
- Fixed an issue that caused PDF previews to no longer appear in the File Explorer.
- We fixed an issue that caused the touch keyboard to be unexpectedly discarded after focusing on the search field in the File Explorer.
- We have fixed a problem where when typing with the Chinese Pinyin IME, if your Text contained an apostrophe, then after completing your composition by pressing Shift, the result would show a mutilated character.
- If you were one of the insiders who repeatedly entered a Temp profile with the previous flight, post to put your profile back in good condition. If you were not affected, this problem will not affect you in today’s flight.
- We examine reports about the upgrade process that hangs over a longer period when we try to install a new Build.
- We are working on an Update to enable live preview for pinned website tabs.
- Engineers are working to fix the problem so that the real-time preview for pinned tabs on the site works. If required, you can unpin a site from the taskbar of the edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.
- We are working on a solution to a Problem were some office applications crash or are missing after upgrading to a new Build.
- We are working on a solution to a problem that causes a KMODE_EXCEPTION error check on some devices when using certain virtualization technologies.
- We are working on a solution to a problem where some users, after creating this build, receive a notification from the compatibility wizard that “Microsoft Office is no longer available”. Despite the application, the office should continue to be on-site and work well.
- We are working on a solution to a problem where the selection of an IME candidate or a Hardware Keyboard Text Prediction candidate can insert the candidate next to the selected one.
- We are investigating a problem reported by some insiders, with the taskbar obscuring the power button in the Start menu. If this happens on your PC, you may need to use the Windows key plus X menu to shut down for the time being.
I wish you a happy update!