Good morning, friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10, numbered 20150, for Windows Insider members who use the Dev channel (formerly “Early access”). This means that insiders will now get builds from the RS_PRERELEASE branch again.
Full build number: 20150.1000. rs_prerelease.200612-1734.
We remind you that the Dev channel produces builds that can contain quite unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to Beta channels (Late access) or Release Preview.
Also, the KB4562830 has been released as a Feature Update to the Windows 10 20H2, which means that this topic is now also shot down and there are now only Updates.
It’s just stupid that you as an Insider in the Fast Ring (Dev channel) are now stuck because of the version number. A change to the Beta or Release Preview channel is currently not possible. Only a new installation would help. But now we come to the new Windows 10 20150.
Three new features of the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) are included: GPU calculation, WSL Installation, and WSL update. You can find out more about WSL in this post: dev blogs. Microsoft
With this week’s Build, we’ll begin rolling out the new search box on the pages with the app’s default settings. The latest Korean IME is immediately available again for Insiders. Based on feedback, we update the text of the Settings > Privacy > Location page to clarify that the icon that appears when your location is used appears in the taskbar.
For more information about the new features, see the Windows Command Line blog, and for more information about GPU computing in
Known problems in Windows 10 20150
- We are working on fixing a problem that caused some systems to crash with an HYPERVISOR_ERROR Bugcheck.
- We review reports about the upgrade process that hangs over extended periods when trying to install a new build.
- We are aware of a Problem where Notepad may not be able to reopen files that were automatically saved during a PC upgrade (or reboot if enabled in Settings). Documents can be recovered from % localappdata%Notepad.
Fixed issues in Windows 10 20150
- Fixed an issue that caused clicks in Visual Studio Windows not to be consistently accepted.
- We fixed an issue where a broken icon was displayed next to the name in the “documents” and “Downloads” sections under “Settings > Privacy” (only a rectangle).
- We fixed an issue where if you paused Windows Update while downloading a new build and then closed settings, the Windows Update Page might appear empty when you reopen settings.
- We have fixed an issue where updates made while editing VPN networks in the Settings may not continue.
- We fixed a problem where the copy button under Settings > Network & Internet Status > properties did not copy the content to the clipboard.
- We fixed an issue that caused the data usage number to not be displayed correctly in Japanese in the network and internet settings if the data usage was less than 1 MB.
- We fixed a crash that some insiders experienced when opening the Sound settings.
- We fixed a problem where the window position of Optimize Drives was not preserved in height.
- We fixed a typo in the group policies following User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows component > file Explorer > give not remove deleted data to the recycle bin.
- We fixed a problem that caused the on-screen keyboard to stop displaying text predictions.
- We have fixed an issue where when double-clicking on an OneDrive file in the File Explorer, the message “Windows Defender SmartScreen is downloaded from OneDrive” could be displayed unexpectedly.
- We fixed a problem where Resource Monitor could end up showing CPU usage of more than 100 percent.
- We fixed an issue that could cause qaa-Latn to appear unexpectedly in your list of keyboards after the Upgrade.
- We have fixed a problem where, for multiple input methods, incorrect input of your password on the login screen would cause your keyboard to revert to the default input method (if you did not type with this method).
- We fixed an issue where the label on the Touch keyboard space bar disappears when you press it while using Japanese Curve Flick input in ABC mode.
- We fixed an issue that could cause your Browser to not start in the foreground after selecting a web link from another application.
- We fixed a problem that could cause Search to not accept typed entries.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows security application tile lacked an icon when it was tacked to Start when the tile was medium in size.
- We have made some updates to improve the performance of the Windows security application when there are a large number of detections.
- We have fixed a few issues that could lead to troubleshooting in your PC.
Windows 10 20150 as ISO temporary Link
- These Links are only temporary. You can also find the ISOs on the Microsoft website (provided you have an Insider Account)
- At this point again a big thank you to all helpers.
- Follow when they are finally released. Some I could still secure
I wish you a successful update