Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.307.803.0, Version 1.307.865.0, 1.307.1089.0, 1.307.1105.0, 1.307.1324.0, 1.307.1613.0)
Full build number: Windows 10 insider 19536 .1000 (rs_prerelease) 191211-1446
Good morning friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10 20H1 under the number 19536 for members of the Windows Insider program using the Fast channel.
We remind you that the development of this functional update is at an early stage, so the current builds may contain rather unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Slow (Late Access) or Release Preview channels.
About the Early Access Channel
Back in early November, Microsoft announced that insiders who chose the Skip Ahead channel would be transferred back to the Fast Ring channel so that all insiders on these channels simultaneously received the latest builds. And now this plan is being realized. Inside the company, engineers work through development cycles at various stages. The active development branch (called RS_PRERELEASE) is where the teams control all the latest changes in the OS code. In the future, the Early Access channel will release assemblies directly from this branch, and it is in them that new functions will initially appear. However, the innovations are no longer tied to a specific release of Windows 10. Simply put, assemblies from the active development branch will reflect all the latest developments of the company’s engineers. New features and OS improvements that have appeared in this thread during development cycles will appear in future releases of Windows 10 when they are completed.
Microsoft heard feedback from insiders on the Early Access channel that the release of assemblies for Skip Ahead was a little embarrassing and frustrating for those who did not manage to join the channel before the limit was reached. The changes mentioned above solve this problem. Insiders on the Early Access channel will now receive assemblies with the latest changes from engineers.
Additional drivers Microsoft continues to work to make it easier for you to view all optional updates (including drivers, feature updates, and non-security monthly updates). If detected, such updates will be listed under Options> Updates and Security> Windows Update> Optional Updates.To get new drivers, you no longer need to view the “Device Manager” for each specific device. Windows Update will automatically update your drivers, and if you encounter problems, one of these optional drivers can help.
Re-release of Updated Korean IME
During the development of 19H1, work began on an updated version of Korean IME as part of the company’s efforts to modernize and improve text input experience in Windows. Based on reviews, Microsoft decided not to release this version with the release of 19H1 and took up further refinement of IME. In build 19528, it re-releases the updated IME with some improvements that will help it work better with various applications: The new candidate selection window uses modern controls and clearer typography.
Family Group Setup
Microsoft has family-friendly features that span multiple platforms, such as Windows, Xbox, and Android. In the case of Windows, you can configure all the settings for your family, be it screen time limits, content filters, requesting account information before making a purchase. What’s more, you can organize your life with a shared family calendar, OneNote, and an Office 365 Home subscription. If you use the device with your family, set up an account in a family group to take advantage of all these features.In this build, Microsoft wants to help customers set up the device for use by multiple people as part of a family group. Although official ISO-images for this assembly will not be released, if you reset the system on the device, during installation you will see a new screen that asks who will use this device. If you select People from My Family, then Microsoft will help you set up a family group so that after switching to the desktop you can already use all the available functions.
Other updates for insiders
Your Phone app now on your PC, you can interact with the latest 2000 photos from your Android smartphone.
The Phone Screen feature now supports pen input.
The Calls feature is gradually becoming available to all users.
Fixes and improvements
- If you want to increase your productivity or reduce stress, then use Microsoft To-Do, which makes it easy to plan your day and manage your life. If this is your first time opening To-Do, you may notice a new user interface that will make sure that you have the latest version of To-Do installed. You will only see this when you first open the application. Users who have already installed To-Do will not see this step.
- Windows RE (Recovery Environment) never again requires an administrator secret key to get to recovery apparatuses.
- Updated a new search in Explorer so that you can delete previous searches by right-clicking on them and selecting the appropriate entry in the drop-down list.
- Fixed an issue where the first character of your search query was deleted when the option “Automatically enter text in the search field” in the “Explorer” is enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the need to reload the entire game if an update for the installed game came through the Microsoft Store.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Task Manager” icon from appearing in the notification area of the taskbar, even if the option was enabled.
- Fixed a problem that could lead to the freezing of the “Resource Monitor” and the lack of information about disk activity.
- Fixed a problem with the Vietnamese Telex keyboard, due to which the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A stopped working in certain applications after entering a capital letter.
- Fixed an issue where the creation of a new storage pool in the user interface was not performed with the wrong parameter.
- We fixed an issue where dragging the bottom of the UWP application to resize the window meant that further actions to resize the window on the lower border did not work.
- In this assembly, users who previously used the HomeGroup will no longer see a notification that the function is deprecated.
- Fixed a typo in the text in “Options”> “Search”> “Search in Windows.”
- Microsoft is working on adding a download folder to the privacy settings section, and it is already in the section in this build. More details will be provided later.
- Fixed an issue where the Narrator was still announcing the availability of language features for download after switching to language settings, even if the device was disconnected from the Internet.
- Fixed an issue wherein the “Options” the tooltip did not display the full text when you hover over text trimmed with an ellipsis.
- Microsoft removes a separate Hotspot 2.0 setting for Wi-Fi. This parameter was implemented while the function was in the experimental studio, and its inclusion is now an integral part of Wi-Fi.
- The problem is fixed, due to which the battery level of the Bluetooth device displayed in the “Parameters” hung, thereby reducing the accuracy of the data.
- We fixed an issue where, after rolling back to the previous build, Windows Update could still display the old build number in the Update Log section.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have identified compatibility issues with some Insider Preview build with certain versions of the BattlEye anti-cheat program due to changes in the operating system. To protect insiders who may have these versions installed, a restriction has been introduced so that Insider Preview builds will not be offered for devices that may be affected by this issue. You can find more information here.
- Investigated reports that the system update process may freeze for a long time when trying to install a new assembly.
- We are investigating reports that some external USB 3.0 drives stop responding when connected. Error code 10.
- We are investigating reports that in the “Disk Optimization” application an inscription appears that the optimization has never been performed on some devices.
- In the “Documents” section in the privacy settings, the icon (a simple rectangle) is incorrectly displayed.
- Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 10th Gen Intel Core i5 15.6 inch (39.62 cms) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB/1TB/Windows 10/MS Office/NVIDIA MX130 2GB Graphics/Platinum Grey/1.85Kg), 81WB00ANIN
- NIXI announces an email service tailored to .IN users
- Spotify acquires the podcast for podcast Podz
- Samsung announces offers for smart TVs, electronics: Details here