KB2267602 ( version 1.305.2132.0, 1.305.2127.0, 1.305.2020.0, 1.305.1949.0) updates received and completed succesfully.
Full version: Windows 10 Fast and Skip Ahead 19023 .1 191108-1432
Microsoft continually updates security intelligence in antimalware products to cover the latest threats and to constantly tweak detection logic, enhancing the ability of Windows Defender Antivirus and other Microsoft
Good Morning friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10 20H1 under the number 19023 for members of the Windows Insider program using the Fast and Skip Ahead channels.
Full build number: 19023.1.vb_release.191108-1432. As you can see, the assembly belongs to the vb_release branch, not rs_prerelease. VB is derived from Vibranium, another code name for Windows 10 20H1.
Successful to update the update
We remind you that the development of this functional update is at an early stage, so the current builds may contain rather unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Slow (Late Access) or Release Preview channels.
Other updates for insiders
Microsoft continues to look for ways to improve the update process on Windows 10. As part of this work, an experiment is being conducted related to the distribution of driver updates through Windows Update. During this experiment, drivers categorized as “Optional” will not be automatically downloaded and installed on insider devices using build 20H1 with the number 18980 or higher. To install any new optional drivers on the PC (including for new devices connected to the PC) participating in the experiment, insiders can go to “Settings” -> “Windows Update” -> “Additional Updates” and manually download the drivers. The experiment will last until November 25, 2019.
Fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue where it was required to wait 2 hours before a new assembly could be installed if it tried to boot and install before you first logged in after a previous installation (for example, after updating to assembly 19013).
- Fixed a problem that led to a delay in processing input (input lag) when starting a video in full-screen mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused the quick action section in the “Notification Center” to be slightly shifted away from the center in previous builds.
Fixed an issue where the Cortana voice activation setting could be disabled after restarting explorer.exe or rebooting the system.
- Based on reviews, in a previous build, Microsoft removed the Downloads folder from Disk Cleanup. If you need this option, then it is available in the “Device Memory” section in the “Parameters”
- Each of these channels has differing levels of support for experimental features, and therefore each has its own level of risk regarding stability.
- Logos for Microsoft Edge Canary, Dev, and Beta channels
Once you know that, you can download the matching version of MSEdgeDriver that is appropriate for your Operating System.
- The new Microsoft Edge allows you to run IE11 validation for legacy sites in addition to your modern experiences.
- If you don’t see the feature you’re looking for, simply open an issue on GitHub to get it added.
- You can track our focus areas on GitHub in the MSEdgeExplainers repository, where They publish public explainers and “intent to implement” notices as our first step towards shipping new features.
- With Xbox Game Streaming (Preview), players will have more ways to play on devices they already own. Register to play Xbox games, including favorites such as Gears 5, with no waiting for downloads.
New features include a great new utility called PoTheyrRename, improvements to the FancyZones windows manager, and support for Dark Mode.
- Read how feedback from Insiders helped our engineers develop a more efficient desktop search experience. Plus, get tips on how to fine-tune Search to find more of what you need on your PC, faster.
- Join us as guests Raji Rajagopalan and Jennifer Gentleman discuss Microsoft’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion in tech.
Join us on November 21st at 10 am PDT as They chat with our engineering team about the 19H2 release and Windows 10 servicing efforts. They’ll also cover Ignite conference highlights.
- They’ve recently updated Windows Insiders in the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build Slow ring to 20H1—and that means a whole new wave of exciting features and other updates.2
- Microsoft has discovered a problem that interferes with Sandbox and WDAG. If you use these functions, you can pause receiving updates and not switch to a new assembly. The company knows the cause of the problem and makes every effort to release another fix assembly as soon as possible.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have identified compatibility issues with some Insider Preview build with certain versions of the BattlEye anti-cheat program due to changes in the operating system. To protect insiders who may have these versions installed, a restriction has been introduced so that Insider Preview builds will not be offered for devices that may be affected by this issue. More information can be found here.
- Some insiders report that the Parameters application still does not start, with the exception of the option to start by URI (ms-settings :). The problem is being investigated.
- Some insiders report that after successfully installing the driver for the printer from the Advanced Updates section, it still appears as available for installation. The problem is being investigated.
- We are investigating reports that some fingerprint scanning devices have not been working since build 19013. If the problem affects you, then, for now, you will have to use a password to log into the system. Microsoft thanks for your patience.