Full build number: 19613.1000. rs_prerelease.200417-1557.
We remind you that the “Early access” channel releases builds that may contain rather unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Slow (Late access) or Release Preview channels.
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version Next (10.0.19613.1005) (KB4558320)
It is reported that the update under the code KB4558320 does not bring any significant changes, but is aimed at testing the service system in builds from the Active Development Branch on the “Early Access” channel. After installing the update, the system build number will change to 19613.1005.
Other insider updates:
Updating the Cortana app
Microsoft is starting to distribute an update to the Cortana app for insiders on the Early access channel, which will add support for Bing responses and assistant conversations for the following languages and regions:
- Australia (English)
- Brazil (Portuguese)
- Canada (English and French)
- France (French)
- Germany (German)
- India (English)
- Italy (Italian)
- Japan (Japanese)
- Mexico (Spanish)
- Spain (Spanish)
- United Kingdom (English)
If you are using Windows in one of these languages, here are some sample queries that you can try out in Cortana:
- What’s the weather?
- What can you do?
- Convert one inch to centimeters
The updated version of the Cortana app has the version number 2.2004.1706.0. the Update is distributed in stages, so you may not immediately see the new version on your computer.
- Fixed problem where incorrect display of application icons on the taskbar, including the default icon ..exe files. This problem could also lead to the fact that some insiders had problems with stability explorer.exe.
- Fixed an issue with Windows Forms applications that caused the ImmSetOpenStatus () API to incorrectly change IME mode when switching focus to text fields when using new Japanese or Chinese IMES.
- Fixed an issue that occurred in several recent builds that caused Visual Studio to sometimes not respond to clicks for insiders using multiple monitors.
- Fixed an issue that caused the doskey / list size command to fail.
- Fixed an issue where the doskey /reinstall command interrupted the command-line session rather than restarting the doskey.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Settings app to crash when deleting a font.
- Microsoft is aware of a problem with Screen announcer and NVDA users using the new chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge, which may cause some difficulties when navigating and reading certain web content. Development teams are working to fix the problem. This issue does not affect users of an outdated version of Microsoft Edge. NVAccess released NVDA 2019.3, which fixes the problem with Edge.
- We are investigating reports that the system update process may stall for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- We are investigating reports that the battery charge indicator on the lock screen always shows a nearly empty battery, regardless of the actual battery level.
- We investigate messages about the default IIS configuration that is applied after a new build is installed. You will need to create a backup copy of the ISS configuration and restore it after successfully installing the new build.
- Quickly switching between WSL distributions via integration with “Explorer” may cause an error when switching. Microsoft has identified the problem and will release a fix soon.
- We are investigating reports that some insiders have observed unexpected system freezes and GSOD with the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION error on the last few builds.
I wish a successful update