Full build number: Windows 10 Fast 19603.1000 rs_prerelease 200403-1523
We remind you that the “Early access” channel releases builds that may contain rather unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Slow (Late access) or Release Preview channels.
Integrating Explorer with Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)
If you have WSL installed and open “Explorer”, you will probably see a familiar icon!
Linux files were accessed as early as Windows 10 (version 1903), but now you can easily access them from the left navigation bar in Explorer. By clicking on the Linux icon, you will see all installed distributions. Select the desired folder and you will be taken to the Linux root system for this distribution.
Recommendations for cleaning the disk in the “device Memory” section»
Free up disk space by using the device Memory section in Settings, which collects information about unused files and apps so that you can digitally clean your device.
Windows cannot predict whether to delete personal data, apps, or local copies of files synced to the cloud. With this tool, all content will be collected on a single page, and you can delete it with a few mouse clicks.
Other insider updates
Introducing The Microsoft News Bar (Beta)
Microsoft wants insider feedback on an early version of a new news app for Windows 10. This news panel provides you with the latest news from the Microsoft News service, which is connected to more than 4,500 publishers worldwide. It will keep you up to date when you need it. You can customize it to suit you. If you need to focus, just collapse the panel with one click and return it when you need it.
A little about the app:
- Stories are constantly updated throughout the day.
- Hover your cursor for quick access or click to open the full news.
- Now it displays news and stock prices, and in the future, it will show the weather forecast and sports information.
- The configuration is configurable so that you can place the panel on the side where it is convenient for you, change the background color, change the appearance of the displayed content, and change the region from which you want to receive news.
- A dark and light theme is supported in Windows 10.
- Multiple monitor configurations are supported.
Microsoft News Bar (Beta) can already be downloaded from the Microsoft StoreTry it out and send feedback to Microsoft about how you can improve it.
Raw Image Extension now supports Canon CR3 format
Users have been asked to add support for the Canon CR3 RAW format since the announcement and subsequent release of the Raw Image Extension in the Microsoft Store in 2019. If you have been waiting for this feature, then there is good news. The latest version of the extension (1.0.307610.0), which is now been available to Windows Insider program participants, now has the support for extended camera support, Canon CR3 files, and several bug fixes.
In the documentation on the site libraw.org you can find the full list of supported cameras. Please note that the RAW format of the GoPro camera (.GPR) is still not supported.
How to test:
- If you have an earlier version of the extension been used on your device, first recheck whether it has been updated to the current version (1.0.307610.0):
- Go to Settings – > Apps»;
- Find and select Raw Image Extension;
- Select ” Advanced settings»;
- If the version number displayed on the page is 1.0.307610.0 or higher, then you have Canon CR3 RAW support.
- Otherwise, find Raw Image Extension in the Microsoft Store to go to the app page.
- If you previously installed the application on the device, the update will start automatically.
- If this does not happen, click on the “Update” button or, if the app is not yet installed, select “Get” and then “Install”.
Note. This version of the extension is currently only available to members of the Windows Insider program.
Changes and improvements
- In the future, services that use executable files located in user profiles will be saved during updates.
- Screen announcers will no longer automatically enable scanning mode when interacting with the ideas panel in Excel. In the new Microsoft Edge, “Screen announcer” now automatically turns on scanning mode and starts reading web pages.
- Fixed a known issue related to the incompatibility of certain Insider Preview builds with certain versions of the anti-cheat program BattlEye due to changes in the operating system. If you encounter problems with games that use BattlEye, please report it through the Feedback Center.
- Fixed an issue that caused Webcams to work incorrectly when trying to make a video call in Microsoft Teams.
- Fixed an issue that caused some insiders to have a GSOD with an error in the file mssecflt.sys when starting safe mode.
- Fixed an issue where a screenshot was not saved to a file when using the Win + PrtSc keyboard shortcut.
- Fixed several issues with the stability of the “Screen announcer”, including now it will not crash when selecting text in scan mode in the new Microsoft Edge, if remote functions are disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Getting started with screen announcer” guide to crash when reading it using “Screen announcer”.
- Fixed an issue that caused the EXE properties information in the” task Manager ” to be incomplete for EoAExperiences.exe.
- Fixed an issue that caused some insiders to have a GSOD during a system reboot to install the update.
- Fixed an issue that caused some insiders to have a GSOD with THE critical_process_died error.
- Fixed a GSOD with the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error that appeared for some insiders when trying to log out of the current profile.
- Fixed a problem where some insiders got hints regarding driver compatibility when attempting to upgrade to a later build in certain virtual environments.
- Fixed an issue that led to inaccurate size estimates when cleaning the disk when the option to clean old Windows installation files was activated.
- Fixed an issue where the “device Memory” settings indicated that the option to clear old Windows installation files was not available because they were automatically deleted after a certain amount of time, when in fact you were manually deleting these files.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some insiders to crash the Settings app when going to the Network and Internet section.
- Fixed an issue where the General features page in the Settings app displayed a notification that the account needed fixing, but the Fix now option didn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the Cortana icon on the taskbar could be partially displayed on additional monitors, even if it is disabled in settings.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to drag files to the root of a shared network folder.
- Fixed an issue that caused the IME context menu to not display when pressing Shift + F10 if the Windows interface language was different from English.
- Fixed an issue where IMES created for Amharic and Sinhalese did not allow text input until the device was rebooted.
- Fixed a crash that insiders encountered when switching the focus of Windows when the IME suggestions panel is open.
- Microsoft is informed of a difficulty with Screen announcer and NVDA users practicing the latest chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge, which may cause unusual problems when navigating and reading some web content. Development teams are struggling to fix the problem. This issue does not affect users of an outdated version of Microsoft Edge. NVAccess released NVDA 2019.3, which fixes the problem with Edge.
- We are investigating reports that the system update process may stall for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- The “Documents” section in the privacy settings does not display the icon correctly (a simple rectangle).
- We are investigating reports that Sticky Notes Windows cannot be moved around the desktop. As a temporary solution, set the focus to Sticky Notes, then press Alt + . This blending will open a menu that includes a parameter to move. Choose it and you can practice the mouse to move the window or arrow keys.
- Investigated reports of problems with the rendering of the application icons on the taskbar, including the default icon ..exe files.
- We are investigating statements that the battery charge symbol on the lock screen always shows a nearly empty battery, despite the exact battery level.
- We investigate messages about the default IIS configuration that is applied after a new build is installed. You will need to create a backup copy of the ISS configuration and restore it after successfully installing the new build.
- Language packages cannot be installed on this build. This is most relevant for those who decide to reset the operating system settings. Language packs installed before the update will be saved. Otherwise, some parts of the user interface may not be displayed in the language of your choice.
I wish you a successful update!