Full build number: 20236.1000.rs_prerelease.201009-1631.
Changing the screen refresh rate in settings»
Now you can go to “Settings” -> “System” -> “Display” -> “Advanced display settings” and change the refresh rate of the selected screen. A higher refresh rate makes screen movements smoother. The refresh rate settings may vary depending on the hardware used.
Other insider updates
Microsoft has made changes to display recent search queries in the Search pop-up window so that you can quickly return to them. These changes are made on the server side and are available on all versions of Windows 10 starting from 1809.
- The Recent list shows the last four items that you searched for or opened using the Search pop-up window on the taskbar. The list may include applications, files, settings, and URLS (for example, bing.com).
- You can delete individual items from this list by clicking on the cross button that appears when the mouse cursor hovers over the item.
- You can disable the “search History on this device” feature in the” Settings “- > “Search” – > “Permissions and history” section to remove the “Recent” list.
- If you haven’t used the Search pop-up window before and you don’t have any recent items, the Recent list won’t be displayed.
- If you don’t use Search frequently and there are fewer than two items in the Recent list, a training entry will be displayed in this area so that you know what types of items can appear in the list.
Changes and improvements
- To improve the availability of PDF files for users of Narrator and other screen readers in cases where Unicode is not provided by the print application, Microsoft has updated the Microsoft Print to PDF feature to try to convert existing font glyphs to Unicode.
- We were working on a solution to a problem where some users, after creating this build, receive a notification from the compatibility wizard that “Microsoft Office is no longer available”. Despite the application, the office should continue to be on-site and work well.
- Fixed an issue where some Office applications were unstable or simply missing after upgrading to previous builds.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the same app update to be reinstalled in a previous build.
- Fixed an issue that caused a GSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error to occur on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that caused some insiders to encounter a GSOD with the UNHANDLED_EXCEPTION error in dxgkrnl.sys in the previous few builds.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to an error code 0×800F0247 when installing driver updates.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash sihost.exe when you try to share an app, right-click on the tile in the start menu and select the Share option.
- Fixed an issue where if the “Animate controls and elements inside the window” option were disabled in the performance settings, dragging a tile to another tile group in the start menu would cause that tile to stop responding to mouse clicks.
- Fixed an issue where Screen announcer sometimes voiced an incorrect number of items in the Explorer navigation bar (for example, it voiced “1 of 2 items” instead of “1 of 4 items”).
- Fixed an issue where the icon next to the “check using Microsoft Defender” element (when right-clicking on a file in File Explorer) might be too small or too large.
- Fixed an issue where the icon next to the “check using Microsoft Defender” element (when right-clicking on a file in File Explorer) would not update when high contrast mode was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Explorer to crash when renaming a file.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on items in the “Timeline” did not launch the corresponding app.
- Fixed an issue affecting some apps with the search field that could cause the search field to disappear when scrolling through content in the app, even if it should remain visible.
- Fixed an issue that caused intermittent connection loss when connecting to a PC using remote desktop, because the connected PC tried to go to sleep mode.
- Fixed an issue where when using the windns.h API to detect services on the local network, the default TTL value (120 seconds) was used instead of the value of the detected service.
- Fixed an issue where the value of the “Listen from this device” checkbox was not saved when updating the system.
- Fixed an issue where volume control was not applied when the “device settings and app volume” section is open.
- Fixed an issue where the Status page in the Network and Internet section sometimes did not display all current connections.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the cursor to disappear when entering text in the command line with the Chinese IME active.
- Fixed an issue where the touch keyboard sometimes did not make sounds when typing, even if the corresponding function is enabled.
- Our change to allow the text cursor to be moved via gestures on the touch keyboard is now being introduced for all Insiders in the Dev channel.
- Fixed an issue where child keys on the Japanese 12-key touch keyboard did not match the updated key design.
- Fixed an issue where the “Screen announcer” would suddenly say the phrase “Expressive Input Panel” when you touched a suggested word on the touch keyboard.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the touch keyboard to hang in a suspended state after the device wakes up from sleep mode, causing it to not start automatically when setting focus on a text field.
- Fixed an issue with the updated touch keyboard design that caused the clipboard icon to appear on the wrong side of the suggestions bar when using Arabic.
- Fixed an issue with the Thai touch keyboard layout that caused characters to be placed incorrectly on keys when Shift was pressed.
- Fixed an issue where the “Screen announcer” did not read the category names in the “Recently used” section when using the updated “Emoji Panel” design.
- Fixed an issue with the” Emoji Panel ” when Using “screen announcer”, which caused the “Screen announcer” to be silent when switching to other emoticons in the list after inserting a smiley.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t use the arrow keys to navigate the GIF section in the”Emoji Panel”.
- Fixed some contrast issues in the updated “Emoji Panel” and in the “Expressive Input Panel” area when using high contrast mode.
- Fixed an issue where the voice input settings menu could be displayed off-screen.
- Fixed an issue that prevented NVIDIA CUDA vGPU acceleration from working in Windows Subsystem for Linux. More information can be found in the GitHub thread.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue where new applications cannot be installed on x86 systems due to an error in the “Windows Installer” service.
- The issue does not affect 64-bit systems.Engineers are working to fix an issue where an error occurs when trying to reset the system settings using the “Save my files” option: “There was a problem when restarting the computer. No changes made.”
- We examine reports about the upgrade process that hangs over a longer period when we try to install a new Build.The real-time preview for pinned site tabs is not yet available to all insiders, so you can see a grey window when you hover over the thumbnail on the taskbar.
- Engineers are working to improve this feature.Engineers are working to fix the problem so that the real-time preview for pinned tabs on the site works.
- If required, you can unpin a site from the taskbar of edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.Engineers are working to fix an issue that causes a GSOD with the KMODE_EXCEPTION ERROR to occur on some devices when using certain virtualization technologies.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue that could cause this option to be inserted next to the current word when selecting a suggested word from the hardware keyboard or in IME.
- We are investigating reports that the taskbar overlaps the power button in the start menu. If you encounter this problem, use the WIN + X combination to shut down the system.We are investigating reports that some insiders have a GSOD with the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH code.
I wish you a successful update!