Windows 10 Version Next (10.0.19551.1005) (KB4538791)
Windows 10 19551-20018-2023 10.0.19551.1005 rs-prerelease
Windows 10 19551 is ready for the Insiders in the Fast Ring
And it continues with the Tests of the new Insider Version of Windows 10 20H2 and the Features. It is the 19551.1005, more specifically, the 10.0.19551.1005 rs_prerelease from 18.01.
You now want to try to offer the drivers as optional Updates or to improve this function further. For this the 10536 or newer is necessary.”To set up new optionally available motive pressure for a PC that is involved in this Experiment (at the side of the drivers for new devices that would be related to going to settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Optional Updates, and the drivers to manually download. This Experiment is now running until 5 March 2020. “
Known problems with Windows 10 19551
- The already known bug with BattleEye Anti-Cheat Software. If there are compatibility problems, the Insider Version will not be offered.
- We are aware that the narrator and NVDA users looking for the latest Chrome-based version of Microsoft Edge may encounter some difficulties in navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge Teams are privy to those issues. Users of older Microsoft Edge versions are not affected.
- The Cloud-recovery option for “This PC” does not work in this Version. Please use the local reinstallation option when you reset this PC.
- We review reports about the upgrade process that hangs for long periods of time when trying to install a new Build.
- We are investigating reports that some insiders are unable to upgrade to newer Builds with error 0x8007042b.
- We are investigating reports that some insiders are unable to upgrade to newer Builds, with the error 0xc1900101.
- We investigate reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives that respond with start Code 10 after connecting.
- The documents section under Data Protection has a broken Symbol (only a rectangle).
- The IME candidate window for East Asian IMEs (Chinese simplified, Chinese Traditional, and Japanese IME) can’t open sometimes.
Fixed issues in Windows 10 19551
- We fixed an issue that caused the Snipping feature to not work on the secondary monitors.
- Thank you for reporting that the Optimize Drives Control Panel mistakenly indicated that the optimization did not work on some devices. We have fixed this in this Version.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Remote Desktop connection to crash when attempting to connect to multiple sessions.
- We made a server-side correction to fix the problem that caused the Home speech output to crash when the “what’s new” button was selected in the Home speech output.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the language preferences listed above in the language settings to be unexpectedly empty.
- We did some work to handle Feedback reports where Screenshots (WIN+Shift+S) inserted into Outlook became unexpectedly large.
- We have fixed an issue where if you changed the font of the Pinyin IME selection window, it was reset to the default settings after restarting the PC.
- We fixed an issue that caused the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon in the notification area to be sometimes drawn unexpectedly white (making it unreadable) when the Light Theme was used.