Windows 10 18985.1 (vb_release) update with minimum bugs
What’s new in Build 18985?
- Improved Bluetooth pairing experience
For Windows 10 version 1803, They have announced a new optimized solution for pairing supported Bluetooth devices. The idea was simple – if a supported device was nearby and in pairing mode, They shoved a notification that asked you to go through the pairing. This has prevented you from opening the settings yourself and finding the right place. Today they are bringing out an update with improvements that They hope you will enjoy.
- The coupling is now only in the notifications. You no longer need to go into the Settings app to complete the pairing.
- To shorten the mating time, They improved the UI by displaying one less notification.
- They added a Discard button to the first notification to give you more control while using Swift Pair.
- To make the notification more helpful, They will now display the device name and category if They can.
- They are happy that insiders can give it a try and give feedback. This new experience is currently being extended to 50% of insiders, and They’ll keep you informed as to the rollout increases. Supported devices include:
Surface Ergonomic keyboard
Surface precision mouse
Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse
Mobile surface mouse
Microsoft Arc Mouse
Surface Arc Mouse
Improvement of the optional update experience
As some insiders have noted, They’re working to make it easier for you to see all optional updates (including drivers, feature updates and monthly quality updates without security requirements) in one place. As soon as optional updates are detected, they are listed on a new page under Settings> Update & Security> Windows Update> View Optional Updates. For drivers, you no longer need to search for a specific device to update. Windows Update automatically keeps your drivers up to date, as before, but if you have a problem, one of these optional drivers can help.
Snip & Sketch App Update
After spending time in both the fast and the slow ring, They are now launching Snip & Sketch version 10.1907 on 100% of the Insiders in the Release Preview Ring. They will also extend this update to a small percentage of those who use retail builds. As a reminder, this update includes 2 notable enhancements supported your feedback:
Single Window Mode: They’ve heard that some of you prefer to close your previous snippet when clicking New in Snippet & Sketch, so you do not end up with a bunch of windows. In the future, this will be the default option. If you like having multiple windows, do not worry! This is still an option if you go to the sharpening and sketching settings.
Zoom support: You can now enlarge your screenshots if they are a bit too small for you (and yes, Touch, Ctrl + Plus, Ctrl + Minus and Ctrl + mouse wheel are supported!) If you prefer a little Snip & Sketch They also zoom out to make sure the entire snip fits into the Snip & Sketch window.
General changes, improvements, and corrections for the PC
They have resolved an issue where adding a new language pack reported a successful installation but did not install it.
They have resolved an issue that affected the reliability of settings when accessing the Network & Internet area.
They have resolved an issue that could cause printer entries for non-manager accounts to be displayed incorrectly – text clashes and not clickable.
They fixed a problem that caused the Task Manager to show an unexpectedly high temperature for certain GPUs.
They have resolved an issue that caused Task Manager to unexpectedly show 0% CPU usage on the Performance tab.
They have resolved an issue where the setting that allows Microsoft accounts on your device to work without a password (by requiring Windows Hello to log in and the password option is hidden from the lock screen) was displayed to local account users. Now the setting only appears for Microsoft account users.
They’ve fixed an issue with the Reset this PC Cloud download option, which did not calculate the correct amount of space you had to free up if you did not have enough space to continue.
They have resolved an issue where the Reset this PC Cloud download option will not work if certain optional features have been installed.
At this point, They are fixing our known issue with Realtek SD card readers. If you’re still having problems with SD cards, please take a moment to check for driver updates and file feedback, if that’s not enough for you.
- There was a problem with older versions of anti-cheat software used in games that experience crashes on PCs after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds. They’re working with partners to update their software with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from getting this problem. To minimize the likelihood of this issue, please ensure that you are using the latest version of your games before attempting to upgrade the operating system. They’re also working with anti-cheat and game developers to solve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview Builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
Certain 2D applications (such as Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store, 3D VieTheyr) are mistakenly treated as protected content in Windows Mixed Reality. During video capture, these 2D applications block the recording of their content.
If you submit a Repro video while you submit a bug through Feedback Hub in Windows Mixed Reality, you will not be able to select Stop Video because of the protected content issue described above. If you want to submit a repro video, you must wait 5 minutes for the recording to expire. If you want to archive the error without repro video, you can close the Feedback Hub window to stop recording and resume archiving if you open the app again under Feedback> Drafts.
If you see Optional Drivers in the new section on the Windows Update page, you may find that older drivers appear to be available for download. If accepted, they will try to install and do not. This is an error related to the revised Windows Update detection logic and not with this new user interface. The root cause is known, and a fix is going to be on the market in a future build.
- It has very few bugs.
- The Bluetooth pairing has been increased
- Snip & Sketch app has an improvement in single-mode and zoom support
- Language Pack issue has also been solved
- Task manager has improved a lot as it was not working in the previous edition