Good evening, friends! Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 pre-build number 20221 for Windows Insider program members using the Dev channel (formerly “Early access”).
Full build number: Windows 10 Preview 20221.1000 (rs_prerelease) 200919-1857
Meet Now function in the Windows 10 taskbar
Changes and improvements
- As some insiders may have noticed, Microsoft is adding a new notification so that you can know when an app is registered for automatic download when the system (settings > Apps > auto-Upload).
- Since in most cases users launch the People app from the Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10, it will not appear as a separate app in the start menu. However, this app is still pre-installed on Windows, and you can launch it using the corresponding button in the Mail and Calendar apps.
Your phone’s notifications get a new pinning feature
- Windows is happy to state that the Your Phone app possesses a new pinning feature blended with the notification feed. With pinning notifications, you can simply pin to save relevant notifications that will stick to the top of your feed so that they are readily accessible and diverse from the rest of your notifications. To venture out this feature, find the notification you require to pin and click the ellipsis in the overflow menu. There you will notice the â€œPin notification ” To know more: Settings > help and feedback > send feedback choice.
- Since the notification will now stick to the top of your feed, you no longer need to worry about losing the notification, and you can easily access the stream and use all your favourite features, such as the built-in response. When you no longer need this notification stream, you can simply unpin it by clicking the unpin icon.
- This is a gradual rollout, so it may take several days to pin notifications to your phone’s app. Give your valuable feedback by going to Settings then help & feedback and lastly send feedback.
- Fixed an issue where the new disk and volume management section in Settings did not block the ability to change the drive letter for a system volume.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the start menu and notification Center to become completely transparent if certain apps were open in the background.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when opening the Power drop-down menu in the start menu when using a high-zoom magnifier.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the virtual desktop thumbnail in the “task view” to show a stationary desktop even after moving an application to it.
- Fixed an issue where text input using IME didn’t work in text fields in some apps.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Chinese Pinyin IME suggestion bar to hang on the first letter when entering text in certain games.
- Fixed an issue where the “download â€” 0%” label could remain in Windows update for a long time.
- Fixed common issues that occurred when using the “wsl â€“install” command in Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Fixed an issue where the Linux kernel was not installed when using the “wsl-install” command in Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- We investigate reports that the system update process may hang for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- Engineers are working to fix the problem so that the real-time preview for pinned tabs on the site works.
- Engineers are working on enabling a new taskbar feature for already pinned websites. If required, you can unpin a site from the taskbar of edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.
- We investigate reports that some Office applications crash or are missing after upgrading to a new build.
- We investigate reports of failures in the Settings app when opening the disk and volume Management section.
- We are examining reports that fascinating devices possess a GSOD with the KMODE_EXCEPTION ERROR while using several virtualization technologies.
- We are investigating a problem that affects distributions of Windows Subsystem for Linux 2, which may cause users to receive an error message with the text “remote procedure call error” when starting.
- We are investigating an issue wherein the vEthernet adapter in Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distributions is disabled subsequent a specified period of use.
I wish you all a successful update