Good evening, friends! Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 pre-build number 21370 for Windows Insider program members using the Dev channel.
Check the previous update which was 21364.1 (co_release) 210416-1504
Full build number: Windows 10 Insider Preview 21370.1 (co_release) 210424-1611
Recently, the branch name changed to CO_RELEASE. As in October, when insiders started getting builds from the FE_RELEASE branch, the company is practicing the ability to change the branch that is considered an active development branch. Since engineers work in different branches within the development cycle, it is possible that it may be necessary to move insiders between these branches. The company treats these builds in the same way as the builds from the RS_PRERELEASE branch.
We remind you that the Dev channel releases builds that can contain quite unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Beta or Release Preview channels.
Improve the quality of audio transmitted via Bluetooth
Over the past few months, Microsoft has added several new features to make streaming audio content over Bluetooth easier, better, and more productive.
- You no longer need to click and switch between multiple audio endpoints to get the sound and microphone working properly on your Bluetooth headset. The company now offers a single end audio point in the user interface to automatically switch to the desired option for smooth operation. Do you listen to Spotify but have to switch to voice calling in Teams? Now you can directly control the volume of your headset.
- AAC codec support. Now you can enjoy superior audio streaming quality using wireless Bluetooth headphones or speakers with AAC codec support. Advanced Audio Codec (AAC) is a lossy audio file format that provides high â€” quality audio streaming in smaller files, which is great for listening to music online.
Changes and improvements
- Minor changes have been made to the icons displayed in the address bar of the “Explorer”.
- Improved the touch keyboard launch animation to make it smoother in cases where UWP apps are recomposed when it appears.
- A small change has been made so that when the focus is set to the Run dialog box, the backslash key ( \ ) will appear on the touch keyboard.
- [News and Interests] Fixed an issue where sometimes a pop-up window would not open when hovering over the “News and Interests” button on the taskbar.
- [News and Interests] Fixed an issue where the “News and Interests” pop-up window could hang, displaying only the loading indicator.
- [News and interests] Some changes have been made to improve stability and performance explorer.exe
- [News and Interests] Fixed an issue where the “News and Interests” button sometimes appeared briefly on the taskbar if the taskbar is located at the top of the screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused some insiders to encounter error 0x80092004 when installing the preview version of the cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 (KB5001030) from February 2021.
- Fixed an issue that caused some insiders to encounter error 0x80070005 when installing framework updates.
- Fixed a crash explorer.exe, which occurred in a previous build, which could lead to problems with the login screen and logging in after waking up from sleep mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused some insiders to encounter the CRITICAL PROCESS DIED error.
- Fixed an issue where the “On-screen Announcer” would not voice an error message on the login screen after repeatedly entering an incorrect password.
- Fixed an issue where corrupted characters could occur in texts in the Options app.
- Fixed an issue that occurred in the last two builds where Cortana would not launch from the taskbar after clicking on the icon.
- Fixed an issue affecting mouse input on the dualbut screen.
- Fixed problems with text translation in Windows Subsystem for Linux, which is output by the command “â€“help”.
- Fixed the OS update system that caused copies to be created libdxcore.so and other files when using Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Fixed two issues affecting stability conhost.exe.
- Fixed two issues that prevented the correct initialization of some USB printer drivers.
- Fixed an issue where the number 7 was unexpectedly entered when sending the VK_HOME virtual key code with Japanese IME and Num Lock enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the Japanese 50-key touch keyboard layout would incorrectly insert large space characters if Shift was held down.
- Fixed an issue where Chinese Pinyin IME would insert a placeholder string if you selected a suggested candidate from the cloud while it was still loading.
- We are investigating reports that the system update process may hang for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- We are investigating a problem that causes Windows Search elements (including the search field in the “Explorer”) to display incorrectly in a dark theme.
- The Camera app does not currently take into account the default brightness setting set on the new page in Settings.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue that caused WSL users to find that the performance of the “Explorer” decreased after upgrading to Build 21354 or later.
- Some instances of Windows Subsystem for Linux may not start, giving an error with the text “The parameter is invalid”. Details about the issue can be found in the WSL repository on GitHub.