Good morning, friends! Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 pre-build number 20251 for Windows Insider program members using the Dev channel (formerly known as Early access).
Full build number: Windows 10 Insider Preview 20251.1 fe_release 201030-1438
The previous build, the name of the branch that builds released from has changed to FE_RELEASE. As in May, when insiders started getting from the MN_RELEASE, the company is practising the ability to change a branch that is considered an active development branch. Since engineers work indifferent within the development cycle, insiders may need to move between these branches. As a result of switching to the FE_RELEASE, insiders will notice that some features, such as the updated emoticon panel, redesigned touch keyboard and voice input, as well as theme-based splash screens, have been temporarily removed from the system. The company hopes to return these features to insiders in the future. And an important reminder: FE_RELEASE builds do not apply to any specific version of Windows 10.
We would let you that the Dev channel which can contain quite unpleasant with errors if you are a beginner. If you need more establishment, we recommend switching to the Release Preview channels or Beta (Late access).
- They have fixed an issue that caused the background of some dialogue boxes to suddenly turn grey instead of white in the last two builds.
- They have fixed an issue that caused the taskbar to overlap the power button in the start menu for some insiders.
- They have fixed an issue where some insiders encountered a GSOD with the SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED error.
- They have fixed a crash related to opengl32.dll.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Settings app to hang when checking for updates immediately after the system update is complete.
- They have fixed an issue where the Settings app could send a notification stating that a new suggestion was available.
- They have fixed an issue where the search indexer could not extract metadata from HEIF and WebP files, so it was not possible to find these files using metadata, such as a date.
- They have fixed an issue wherein previous builds, the Send to device function in the Movie and TV app (and other media playback apps) did not perform any actions when selecting the desired device.
- They have fixed an issue that could cause the screen using Miracast to freeze shortly after connecting.
- Engineers are working to fix an issue that occurred in build 20236, where installing games from the Microsoft Store on a secondary disk that does not have the OS installed causes this disk to become unavailable. To prevent this from happening, you must change the default save location for new games BEFORE installing the game.
- We investigate an issue that could cause a crash when resizing partitions in the â€œMemoryâ€ section in â€œSettingsâ€.
- We investigate reports that the system update process may hang for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- The real-time preview for pinned site tabs is not yet available to all insiders, so you can see a grey window when you hover over the thumbnail on the taskbar. Engineers are working to improve this feature.
- Engineers are working on enabling a new taskbar feature for already pinned websites. However, you can unpin a site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin it.
- We are investigating reports that a GSOD occurs on some devices with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error.
- Insiders on ARM devices like the Surface Pro X will notice that Windows PowerShell mostly would run on this build. As a workaround, you need to use either Windows PowerShell (x86) or Windows PowerShell ISE (x86) from the Start menu if you need PowerShell. Alternatively, use the new and modern PowerShell 7 shell that runs natively on ARM devices. And it has a more beautiful icon.
- We are investigating reports that some users have an error code 0x80070426 when using their Microsoft account to log in to various applications. If you encounter this problem, then restart your device, which should help.