Evaluation copy. Build 19008 . vb_release.191019. 1715
I am using Acer laptop E5-575-59FD.
Today which is 25-10-2019 received a new Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version Next (10.0.19008.1000) (KB4527587). In which no major changes are been made, they are trying to bring all the services under 20H1 build.
Full version: Microsoft Windows 10 latest build 19008. 1
Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10 20H1 under the number 19008 for members of the Windows Insider program using Fast and Skip Ahead channels.
Full build number: 19008.1.vb_release.191019-1715.
As you can see, the assembly belongs to the vb_release branch, not rs_prerelease. VB is derived from Vibranium, another code name for Windows 10 20H1.
We remind you that the development of this functional update is at an early stage, so the current builds may contain rather unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Slow (Late Access) or Release Preview channels.
Corrections and improvements
- For insiders who had a system crash when shutting down or rebooting on builds 18999-19002: the problem was fixed in build 19002.1002, but if you did not install it, you may need a workaround described in the Microsoft forum to update.
- The problem is fixed, due to which, if optional updates were available, insiders could see the Windows Update icon with a warning on the new title bar in the Settings application, but the information was displayed on the Windows Update main page that there were no updates available.
- Fixed an issue where insiders could not restore the minimized window of the Parameters application.
- Several changes have been made to increase the speed of launching the jump list on the taskbar.
- Fixed an issue that caused some insiders to have a program compatibility assistant.
- Fixed an issue where, in recent builds, Windows Hello unexpectedly displayed an error message, periodically repeating the text “The camera could not be turned on.”
- The user interface for mouse pointer settings in the “Accessibility” section has been slightly improved.
- The problem with the Narrator was fixed, due to which the announcer could not read the link text in the desired language in the Chrome browser.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have identified compatibility issues with some Insider Preview build with certain versions of the BattlEye anti-cheat program due to changes in the operating system. To protect insiders who may have these versions installed, a restriction has been introduced so that Insider Preview builds will not be offered for devices that may be affected by this issue. More information can be found here.
- The company is investigating a problem due to which the system recovery function with the option to boot from the cloud when starting from Windows RE does not work in this and the previous assembly.
Some insiders report that the Parameters application still does not start, with the exception of the option to start by URI (ms-settings :). The problem is being investigated.
- When using a dark design theme, the text in the sentence window for text prompts for the hardware keyboard cannot be read, because the text is black on a dark grey background.
- Bluetooth devices may not connect properly after closing the device cover (does not appear on all devices). Microsoft is working on a fix. In the meantime, you can turn off and on the Bluetooth again, or reboot the device to solve this problem.
- Some insiders still report that after a successful upgrade to a new build, the same build might appear on the Windows Update page, which supposedly needs to be installed. You can verify that the assembly was successfully installed by checking the number in the lower right corner of the desktop or by pressing WIN + R and entering winver. Microsoft is investigating the problem.
- Some insiders still report that when viewing a list of optional drivers in a new section on the Windows Update page, older drivers may appear that appear as available for download. If you select them, and installation attempt will occur that will fail. Microsoft is investigating the problem.