Good morning, friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10, numbered 20161, for Windows Insider members who use the Dev channel (formerly “Early access”).
Full build number: 20161.1000.rs_prerelease.200627-1754.
With the last Insider, we had made a jump from the 196xx (Manganese) on the 201xx (Iron). Today, we are insiders in the Dev channel (Fast Ring), you can now take the Windows 10 Insider Build 20152.1000, more specifically, the 10.0.20152.1000 rs_prerelease from 17.06.2020 under the magnifying glass.
Again as an indication that Microsoft has now changed the names of the rings, now channels. For those who wanted to leave the Dev channel, it is now stupid, because without a new installation you now have to wait until the end of 2020 or spring 2021 to leave the Insider Status.
But let’s get to the new Windows 10 20152. Microsoft has also made the Server ISO or VHDX and the Win 10 ARM available for download at the same time. With the last Insider The Insider ISO was provided almost immediately, today they are immediately there. See below. But also for this Version, we will collect the Links to the ISOs again and then insert the Link HERE. But you already know that as a loyal reader. [Update]: there is already the link to the ISO files of the 20152
Theme-specific tiles in the start menu
Microsoft has updated the design of the start menu, making it more thoughtful and modern. Instead of coloured backgrounds under icons in the menu and application list, a solid and partially transparent background is now used. This design is in perfect harmony with your app icons, and especially with the new Fluent Design style icons for Office, Edge, and pre-installed apps like Calculator, Mail, and Calendar that started appearing earlier this year.
This improved design of the start menu looks great in both dark and light themes. But if you want to make the menu more colourful, turn on the dark Windows theme, and then select the checkbox for “Display the colour of elements on the following surfaces” -> “in the start menu, taskbar, and notification center “in” Settings” under “Personalization” – > “Color”. After that, the accent colour will be elegantly applied to the background of the start menu and the tiles in it.
If you prefer fewer tabs or the classic ALT + TAB interface, you can find new settings in the Settings app under System – > Multitasking. There you can configure ALT + TAB so that only the last three or five tabs are displayed, or disable THIS feature completely.
This feature is currently available to a limited number of insiders on the Dev channel. It requires Microsoft Edge Canary or Dev version 83.0.475.0 or later.
Microsoft notes that this is just the beginning of productivity improvements for Microsoft Edge.
Personalized taskbar for new users
Microsoft wants to help customers get the most out of their PC from day one. And the first step in this direction is to offer cleaner, more personalized and relevant content, as well as reduce the clutter. A flexible cloud infrastructure will allow the company to test the placement of different content on the default taskbar and adapt layouts to meet the needs of the user and the device being used.
Engineers will evaluate the effectiveness of individual default values, track diagnostic data, and user feedback to assess the audience’s response to the change. Using this information, Microsoft will configure the default layouts to minimize clutter and improve the perception of the system.
Please note that this change will only be applied when creating a new profile in the system or when logging in for the first time. Microsoft does not plan to change the taskbar layout for existing profiles.
Microsoft has made some changes to improve how notifications work in Windows 10. First, the logo is now displayed at the top so that you can quickly figure out which app sent it. Finished working with the notification? Click the X in the upper-right corner to quickly remove it and continue working.
Second, the company disables notifications and summary messages from the Focus feature by default. This means that the system will no longer inform you when the “Focus” function is enabled using an automatic rule. If necessary, you can turn these notifications back on in the “Settings”.
Improving the Settings app»
We are still working on transferring the features of the Control Panel to the Settings app. This time, the company moved the information from the “System” page in the ” Control Panel “to the” System “- > ” About system “page in the”Parameters”. Links that previously redirected you to the “System” page in the ” Control Panel “will now redirect you to the” About system “section in”Settings”.
Along with this, other improvements have been made, including the ability to copy information about your device and simplify security status information. If you need advanced tools that were located on the “System” page in the “Control Panel”, you can still access them, but from the modern”About system” page.
In the future, other improvements will be made that will bring the “Parameters” even closer to the “Control Panel”. If you still use any settings that are only present in the “Control Panel”, then leave a review in the Feedback Hub, describing what these settings are.
Improving the tablet interface for 2-in-1 convertible PCs
Previously, when you unplug the keyboard on a 2-in-1 convertible PC, you were notified whether you wanted to switch to tablet mode. If you selected “Yes”, you switched to tablet mode. If you chose “No”, a new tablet interface appeared, introduced at the development stage of the May 2020 Update.
Now the company has improved the default settings so that the notification with the issue will no longer appear, and alternatively, you will be automatically switched to the new tablet interface with minute enhancements for touch screens.
You can change this setting by going to Settings – > System – > Tablet. Some users of Surface devices may have already noticed this change.
Microsoft also removed the “Tablet Mode” button in quick actions for devices without a touch screen, as some users may have accidentally enabled it and could not disable it.
And finally, a new logic is made that allows users to boot with the mode that was used the previous time, regardless of whether the keyboard is connected or not.
Other insider updates
The graphical model in “Calculator” is available to all users
The graphical mode in the “Calculator”, which became available to insiders in January this year, is now available to all users. Adding graph support was one of the key user requests. This function will be useful for students who are starting to learn linear algebra. With this feature, the company hopes to allow students to study mathematics, improving their representation and perception of mathematics.
Place one or more equations on the graph. Enter several equations so that you can compare the graphs with each other and see the interactions between the lines. You can also customize the line style and chart view window to suit your preferences.
Adding equations with variables. If you enter an equation with a secondary variable (for example, “y = MX + b”), you can easily manage them to quickly understand how changes affect the graph.
Analyze the graphs. Track graphs with your mouse and keyboard to better understand the relationship between variables in the equation and on the graph. You can also analyze equations to determine the key features of the graph.
Since testing began, many improvements have been made based on feedback from Feedback Hub and GitHub. In particular, we added a dark theme for graphs, additional parameters for configuring lines, and error handling when trying to create an incorrect equation. Also improved the overall impression when tracing or constructing multiple equations simultaneously.
To get this feature, you will need Windows 10 May 2020 Update and the latest version of the “Calculator” from the Microsoft Store.
The Windows SDK is now released simultaneously with the release of new builds on the Dev channel. You can always install the latest version of the Insider SDK from the official website aka.ms/InsiderSDK.
- Fixed an issue that caused insiders to experience problems connecting and interacting with the Xbox controller.
- Fixed an issue that caused some games and apps to hang on startup or not install at all.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Microsoft Edge from going to websites on the last two builds if WDAG was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the logout time to increase on previous builds.
- Fixed an issue with Chinese Pinyin IME that sometimes failed to change the preferred orientation of the IME toolbar after restarting the PC.
- Fixed an issue where when using the “Restore the computer to its original state” function, the “Parameters” error always appeared “there Was a problem with resetting this PC’s settings” on previous builds.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Bluetooth devices in previous builds to no longer display the battery level in “Settings”.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Settings app to hang if you went to the Privacy – > Microphone section while the Win32 app was recording audio.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Settings app to crash if the “input Devices not detected” item was displayed in the drop-down list in the “Sound” section and you selected it.
- Fixed an issue where the Add printer dialog box could crash if you opened the Add printer driver window during the process.
- Fixed a graphical issue that caused errors to occur for some users.
- Engineers are struggling to fix the dilemma that prompts GSOD among the HYPERVISOR_ERROR error on some devices.
- We are examining records that the system update method may hinder for a long time when attempting to install a brand-new build.
- The company is aware of problems that make Notepad unable to open files that were automatically saved when updating the PC (or during the restart process, if the option is enabled in the settings). Documents can be found in the %localappdata%\Notepad folder.
- We study records that the screen has shifted dimmer later upgrading to a previous build.
- Microsoft is conscious of a point that is causing the processor to display a clock frequency of 0.00 Hz in the “task Manager” tab beside the “Performance” tab.
- We review records that when you click on the space button while working on the Korean IME in some applications, the last character you entered is eliminated.
- Microsoft is working on fine-tuning the animation of tiles in the start menu to prevent blinking colours.
The Windows Server Insider Preview – 20152, VHDX, Windows Server Core App Compatibility, FoD, or the Language Pack you can either on the side of the tb.32767.ga/20152&prod=all (Insider required)