Good morning, friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10, numbered 20152, for Windows Insider members using the Dev channel (formerly “Early access”).
Full build number: 20152.1000. rs_prerelease.200617-1502.
We remind you that the Dev channel produces builds that can contain quite unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to Beta channels (Late access) or Release Preview.
- Fixed an issue that caused Notepad to be unexpectedly deleted after resetting the PC settings. If you are affected by this problem, you can reinstall Notepad in the Advanced components section in Settings.
- Fixed an issue where the “Windows requires space to continue” dialog box should have a “Continue” button, but it didn’t display.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows update icon did not appear in the notification area on the taskbar when the system was ready to restart to install the update.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the IME to enter text as if it was enabled, but it was disabled, and clicking on the IME mode indicator on the taskbar did not change its mode of operation.
- Engineers are working to fix the problem that causes GSOD with the HYPERVISOR_ERROR error on some devices.
- We are investigating reports that the system update process may stall for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- The company is aware of problems that make Notepad unable to open files that were automatically saved when updating the PC (or during the restart process, if the option is enabled in the settings). Documents can be found in the %localappdata%\Notepad folder.
- Some insiders may encounter an error and rollback changes when trying to upgrade to this build if an Xbox controller is connected to the device. In the “Update Log” you can see the error code 0xc1900101. To work around this issue, disable or disconnect the Xbox controller for a successful update.
- Starting from the previous build, some games and apps may freeze on startup or not install at all. Engineers have identified the main cause of the problem and are working on a fix for future builds.
- We investigate reports that the screen has become dimmer after upgrading to a previous build.
- Microsoft is aware of an issue that is causing the processor to display a clock rate of 0.00 Hz in the “task Manager” tab on the “Performance” tab.
- Engineers are working to fix the problem that when using the “Restore computer to its original state” function, the error “there Was a problem with resetting the settings of this PC” always appears in the “Parameters”. To work around this problem, use Advanced Startup (Windows RE).
The Windows Server Insider Preview – 20152, VHDX, Windows Server Core App Compatibility, FoD, or the Language Pack you can either on the side of the tb.32767.ga/20152&prod=all (Insider required) or here microsoft.com/ download.
- Windows10_InsiderPreview_Client_arm64_en-us_20152.VHDX (Only in English)
- Windows_InsiderPreview_Server_de-de_20152.iso (English without the GUI)
- Windows_InsiderPreview_Server_VHdx_20152.vhdx (Only in English)
We wish you a successful update!