Good morning, friends! Microsoft has released a new pre-build of Windows 10 under the number 19582 for Windows Insider program participants using the “Early access” channel (Fast Ring).
Full build number: 19582.1001.rs_prerelease.200306-1640.
We remind you that the “Early access” channel releases builds that may contain rather unpleasant errors. If you need more stability, we recommend switching to the Slow (Late access) or Release Preview channels.
Improved Eye Control
Eye Control allows users to interact with Windows using only their eyes. Based on the feedback, Microsoft updated the Eye Control settings page to take up multiple pages and give users more room to maneuver.
To get started with Eye Control, connect a supported vision tracking device, and then follow the steps described here.
Other insider updates
New features for the “Your phone” app»
Microsoft is introducing new features for the “Your phone” app that are available on Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip smartphones in some regions.
Cross-platform clipboard. Now you can easily copy and paste text and images between your smartphone and your Windows 10 PC. Just enable this feature in the settings of the “Your phone” app and enjoy copying and pasting content using the familiar Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V commands on your PC or with a gesture on Android.
This function requires:
- Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra or Samsung Galaxy Z Flip smartphone;
- PC running Windows 10 April 2018 Update or newer.
Black smartphone screen when using the “phone Screen” function. Users can now turn off the screen of their smartphone to optimize battery consumption and ensure the privacy of personal data on their smartphone. The black screen will be displayed while using the phone Screen feature on all supported devices (with Windows Connection support). A black screen appears when the session starts, and turns off after it ends. The user can disable the black screen at any time:
- By pressing the power button;
- Swipe your finger across the device screen;
- By Activating Bixby;
- By disabling the black screen on the settings page.
- The latest version of ” Windows Connection»;
- Devices that support the “phone Screen” function.
- The list of supported devices: https://answers.microsoft.com/.
Rich Communication Service (RCS). The “Your phone” app now supports sending and receiving RCS for more convenient messaging. This feature works on some Samsung devices, provided that the mobile operator also supports RCS. Users who have enabled RCS support on their smartphone and use Samsung Messages as the default app will be able to receive and send such messages directly through the “Your phone” app. Users can also see if their messages have been read. If a user views a message on a PC, it will also be marked as read on a smartphone, which eliminates the need to clear notifications.
Requirements for the function:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 series smartphones running Android 10.0 or later;
- PC running Windows 10 April 2018 Update or newer;
- A mobile operator that supports RCS messaging.
- These features are gradually spreading both among insiders using Windows 10 19H2 or newer versions, and among regular users. This means that some features may appear in the “Your phone” app in a few days. Make sure that you are using the latest versions of the “your phone Manager”, “Windows Communication”, and “Your phone”apps.
Changes and improvements
- In an attempt to consolidate information, Microsoft removed Windows Security status information from the “About system” section. This information is still available in Settings – > Update and security – > Windows Security.
- We are working to ensure that you can control the ability of apps to disable the screen capture border. The page isn’t complete yet, but you’ll see it in the Privacy section of Settings.
- Updated the “Automatically set time zone” switch in the “date and time” section to gray if location detection was disabled.
- Based on reviews, Microsoft has updated the Scottish (Gaelic) keyboard:
- Clicking on AltGR + 7 will now enter ⁊ (U+204A TIRONIAN SIGN ET).
- Clicking on ‘ will insert this character directly (the single right quotation mark).
- Clicking on AltGr + ‘ will apply a sharp accent followed by a letter.
- Fixed an issue for Chinese insiders that caused Windows installation to hang after entering Microsoft account details.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Installing Windows X%” page to display text incorrectly when updating the system using certain languages, such as Japanese.
- Fixed an issue where notifications sometimes included incorrect actions (for example, a response field or various buttons).
- Fixed an issue where some attempts to upgrade to a newer build resulted in the 0x8007042b error.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Upload from the cloud” function from working when resetting system settings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause GSOD to appear due to a crash in Win32kbase.sys at the end of the session.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to navigate between the Xbox Game Bar options using the Xbox controller.
- Fixed an issue where the “Automatically set time zone” switch in the “date and time” section was not saved in the enabled state.
- Fixed an issue where the Open with dialog box did not respond to app selection when opening a PDF file.
- Fixed an issue where the” task Manager “displayed ” Unknown” for all processes in the “DPI definition Support” column.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have identified compatibility issues with some Insider Preview builds with certain versions of the anti-cheat program BattlEye due to changes in the operating system. To protect insiders who may have these versions installed, a restriction has been implemented so that Insider Preview builds will not be offered for devices that may be affected by this issue. More information can be found here.
- Microsoft is aware of a problem with Screen announcer and NVDA users using the new chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge, which may cause some difficulties when navigating and reading certain web content. Development teams are working to fix the problem. This issue does not affect users of an outdated version of Microsoft Edge. NVAccess has released NVDA 2019.3, which fixes the issue with Edge.
- We are investigating reports that the system update process may stall for a long time when trying to install a new build.
- On some devices, a GSOD may occur during a reboot to install this update. If this happens, log in, schedule the update installation time, and then log out of all profiles before the scheduled time. The installation should continue without any problems.
- The “Documents” section in the privacy settings does not display the icon correctly (a simple rectangle).
- When you use the Win + PrtSc keyboard shortcut to capture a screenshot, the image is not saved in the Screenshots folder. As a workaround, we suggest using other options for creating screenshots, such as Win + Shift + S.
- We investigate reports that the Troubleshooting process (DISM) stops at 84.9%.
We wish you a successful update!